Hiring a babysitter is a procedure typically laden with anxiety. Preferably, you need somebody who shares your thoughts on raising children — everything from play time, food snacks, naps and discipline. It’s a major choice. So where do you start on finding applicants? Do you still need to conduct reference checks and run criminal background check? Here a few steps on a screening procedure in finding the right caretaker for your child(ren).
- Be clear on your expectations from the care provider as well as the role that he or she will do. Do you need somebody that just remains at your home and watches your child(ren) or do you need somebody who takes them to the recreation center or drives them to their exercises? Is the position low maintenance or full-time? Do you need someone to have the capacity to work for extra hours or sleep over on the chance that you have to work late or travel? You ought to also decide whether this individual will cook suppers, wash your children’s clothing or perform different obligations.
- Begin searching for applicants. You can create a job advertisement without the help of anyone else or go to an office that provides babysitters. However, understand that going through a service implies that you will pay a charge for the application and the arrangement
- Meeting the possible caretakers. I suggest that you have a rundown of inquiries arranged and ask similar inquiries from every applicant. Some want to have the initial interview via telephone and the second one personally. This is your choice however some prefer the personal interview because it provides more information and you learn more about the applicant by meeting them eye to eye. You should also ask each applicant whether they are lawfully allowed to work in the United States because this should be one of your priority question. Try to make the other questions as open-ended as possible for the applicant to be able to ask questions too. In this way, there is an open channel of communication.
- Lead a careful reference check. Try not to depend on the caretaker organization’s background check as the last word — lead your own. Approach the rundown of past employees. Call them. Once more ask their previous employee different inquiries.
- Run criminal background check. You additionally need to check her education and other job experience. Applicants should also undergo a criminal background check. In the event that she will be driving, you ought to also check her license and vehicle record. Ensure the applicant realizes that you will direct the background check and have her sign a statement that allows you to do so.