Online Buy and Sell
Everyone loves buying and selling stuff, from pawning items, garage sales, online buying and selling and all kinds of ways to convert items to money and vice versa. One of the most popular form of buying and selling is through the internet. The internet becomes the best market for buy and selling for its enormous number of users. A product posted online can be viewed by thousands in just a few minutes, unlike putting it on a shelf on a specific shop, it will take hours for hundreds of people to see it.
Though online buy and sell sounds very amusing and stress-free it also has its dangers. Here is a short list of those advantages and disadvantages:
- Free advertisement – yes, online selling is free and this is a good start for vendors, users just need to create an account on any social media or selling websites. Just a few clicks and thousands of potential buyers will be able to view the item.
- Worldwide Coverage – For sellers, that item that sellers post may be spread worldwide through sharing and self-conducted promotion. For buyers, looking for items becomes hassle free, taking time in searching these items, people can definitely buy products from any part of the world.
- Low to no budget needed – Since online buy and sell is free, vendors will need a low or zero budget to get going. A camera would be part of the investment although a smart phone camera can do the job. For buyers, the only equipment needed is a computer or a smartphone which these days almost everyone has at least one of both devices.
- Lots of competition – For vendors, the competition gets though, there at least thousands of people selling items online and some of these vendors are already established. For buyers, an item posted is usually sold to the highest bidder if on auction, and if for sale, sold to the nearest buyer available.
- Trust issues – Since buyers cannot touch the item, trust may be a bit blurry. There are cases where the items purchased are not as good looking as it is from the picture and sometimes even worse, the item is not what was purchased or it never arrives.
- Safety Concerns – Scammers are everywhere on the internet, and the terrifying part is that criminals can be a part of the online market. It is best to always check on who you are dealing with especially when it comes to meet up transactions. Before meeting a vendor or a buyer that you met online make sure to give the person a background check.
Pre-loved item hunters
To those people hunting around and buying pre-loved items online, make sure not to rush in getting the item and never rush in meet up transactions. Meet up transactions would be the most common way of exchange especially when the item is pre-loved and the buyer wants to test the quality.