The background investigation is the process of finding and gathering data, including commercial records, educational records or criminal background of a person or an association. There must be procedures to follow before doing background check.
- The applicant or the person involved must be conscious about the probe. It is the right of an individual to know what will happen especially you’re blending to acquire inside information regarding his/her condition.
- There must be signed in the document that applicant or employee is aware of background checking.
Background check is not a simple procedure because you’ll be getting the history records of a person. There are several reasons for background investigation.
- It is often asked by employers on job candidates for employment selection particularly on potential employees looking for a higher position that requires elevated security such as medical institution, school, government institution and financial departments. These checks are usually administered by a government organization for a small fee. On the other hand it can also be done by private companies. Background check can requires more money based on the information requested. Credit history, criminal background and employment verification are some of the outcome of background check.
- It can as well be applied by employers as a way of evaluating a candidate’s previous mistakes and character. It can also be done to identify probable hiring danger for safety and security grounds. However, for some reasons, this process can sometimes be used for illegal purposes such as discrimination.
- Background investigation can be also used to verify information found on the resume or written application because it may contain false information. It can also be done to distinguish potential employees.
- Checking is also needed for those working in positions with special security concerns.
- Most of all background check is needed to prevent those who do not pass criminal check from working in careers involving with children, aged and handicapped. It will protect the institution from possible harm and circumstances. Background investigation can also uplift the quality service that the company is offering to the consumers.